ISSN 2630-0583 (Print)
ISSN 2630-0656 (Online)
Journal of Current Science and Technology
Journal of Current Science and Technology (JCST) is formerly known as Rangsit Journal of Arts and Sciences (RJAS). The first Issue of JCST, Vol. 8 No. 1, was launched both in print (ISSN 2630-0583) and online (ISSN 2630-0656) on the 29th of June 2018. It is one of the many journals published by Rangsit University, Patumthani 12000, Thailand. A change of the journal title from RJAS to JCST is to highlight its aims to publish only current knowledge and advances in Science and Technology. All areas in Social Sciences and Humanities are excluded. Currently, JCST is indexed or abstracted in Thai-Journal Citation Index Centre (TCI) and ASEAN Citation Index (ACI).
The first in-print Issue (Vol. 1 No. 1) of Rangsit Journal of Arts and Sciences (RJAS), ISSN 2229-063X, was launched in June 2011. The RJAS Website (ISSN 2392-554X) was developed and retrievable online in September 2012.
In launching the first Issue of RJAS, Dr. Arthit Ourairat, the President of Rangsit University wrote “It is my fervent wish that specialists in the arts and sciences everywhere, not just members of ASEAN, will contribute research articles and commentaries on important issues for us, global citizens, as we tread the path toward a more fruitful future in this “Era of Uncertainty”. I hereby extend my best wishes to the readers, the Editorial Board, and to current and future contributors who will help make RJAS a vehicle for disseminating new knowledge and discoveries that will enhance education as a tool for the citizens of all nations to lead a happy and productive life in the 21st century”.
The Editor-in-Chief of JCST, Associate Professor Chatchai Trakulrungsi, Ph.D., wrote in the Editorial’s Note of JCST, Vol. 8 No. 1, as follow: “For these reasons (and others) we decided that our journal should have a new title. We looked at who were our contributors and where they work. We concluded that our journal is not just our university’s journal. It has been and will continue to be a journal for researchers and writers from other institutions in many parts of the world. And, we want to emphasise the present time, not ages past. We wish to invite all who work in the sciences and in the technologies – all whose work aims to help us better understand the times in which we are now living, and to those whose discoveries can make a positive difference to our interconnected lives”.
Welcome to the Journal of Current Science and Technology (JCST)!
Aims and Scope:
Journal of Current Science and Technology (JCST) is an international scholarly and peer-reviewed journal published biannually. The journal aims at presenting the up-to-date scientific achievement with high creativity and great significance in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary researches including Chemistry, Computer sciences, Biomedical sciences, Biotechnology, Engineering, Medical science, and Optometry. JCST does not publish paper in the Arts and Humanities, Educational sciences, and Social sciences. JCST invites scholars, researchers, professionals and academicians to publish their manuscripts in the journal.
The author(s) can submit their manuscript covering, but not limited to, any of the following areas:
|Biochemistry||Biological Sciences||Biotechnology & Food|
|Information Science||Life Sciences||Material Science|
|General Technology||Medical Technology||Transportation Technology|
Categories of Articles:
The Journal accepts the following types of articles:
- Research Articles: A research article is a regular quantitative or qualitative article which aims to present new findings or interpretations.
- Review Articles: There are two types of review articles: non-systematic (or journalistic) reviews and systematic reviews. Non-systematic or journalistic reviews provide a summary of evidence derived from primary studies that have been selected and synthesized according to the author's personal and professional perspective. Non-systematic reviews can cover a wide range of subject matter at various levels of totality and comprehensiveness. Systematic reviews, on the other hand, provide summaries of related primary studies that have been searched for, evaluated, and selected and reported according to a rigorous methodology.
- Notes or Short Communications: Manuscripts in this category should be concise but definitive. A note or a short communication is a short article which aims to present especially new findings that require fast publication.
- Innovations: An innovation is an article which aims to present creative arts and designs, procedures or devices.
- Case Report: A case report is a detailed report of the symptoms, signs, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of an individual patient. Case reports usually describe an unusual or novel occurrence. Some case reports also contain a literature review of other reported cases.
Research articles, review articles, notes, innovations, and case report should not exceed 20 pages of standard A4 paper using JCST format. Template for research articles is available at jcst.rsu.ac.th. All categories of articles must coincide with manuscript preparation instruction (see Manuscript Preparation Section).
Submissions are to be permanently open. A manuscript submitted between July 1st and December 31st will be considered for publication in the January-June Issue of the subsequent year whereas a manuscript submitted between January 1st and June 30th will be considered for publication in the July-December Issue.